TP help please.

AtomicShrink

I need a TP hud script. 

1) I'd like it to be clicked on by my visitors, not just owner or group. It needs to be available to everyone.

2) I need it to allow me to slip in landmarks.

3) I need it to allow me to create the button names on the HUD.

4) I'd like the person to be able to just click on it once and be instantly teleported. 

Note: I already have ones that you click on and it gives you a LM or it asks you to click something in local chat. I want something that takes out those extra steps. 

Anyone know where I can get this?

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 1:09 PM, AtomicShrink said:

4) I'd like the person to be able to just click on it once and be instantly teleported. 

Needs to be compiled to an experience and to be on land that has that experience enabled, which isn't usually the case for most general-purpose things.

On 5/9/2024 at 1:09 PM, AtomicShrink said:

3) I need it to allow me to create the button names on the HUD.

Unless you want to custom texture every button, or you want it through a dialog menu (which would mean 2 clicks from the user) not feasible to do automatically.

Assuming you can compile to an experience and can texture individually named prims on the HUD, the script can be rather trivial:

string LM;
{   touch_start(integer n)
    {   if(llGetInventoryKey(LM=llGetLinkName(llDetectedLinkNumber(0))))
        {   llRequestExperiencePermissions(llDetectedKey(0),"");
        }
    }
    experience_permissions(key ID)
    {   llTeleportAgent( ID, LM, <0,0,0>, <0,0,0>);
    }
    experience_permissions_denied(key ID, integer reason)
    {   llSay(0,"Teleport denied because: "+llGetExperienceErrorMessage(reason));
    }
}

will, when touched, teleport the toucher to the landmark in the object's inventory that has the same name as the name of the button on the HUD they touched, or say why it couldn't make the teleport happen (experience needs to be enabled on the land, and script compiled to the experience, and the toucher needs to accept the experience once, then it will never ask again.)

Edited by Quistess Alpha
handling multiple simultaneous touches badly is worse than not handling them at all.