So I debated where to put this, but its probably best in the art section. I have been lately doing portraits of people for my art gallery, and while i know promotion of a business is not permitted here, hopefully this is because I am not looking to sell anything. I am offering to do a portrait absolutely free, I will give the person letting me do their picture a framed version that can be displayed on an SL wall, and also the texture that can be used as they wish. So I am sure your asking what is the catch, what do I get out of this? I get the enjoyment of creating the picture, and maybe a new SL friend. I also retain the right to use your picture in my gallery. So if this sounds like something you might like to do, send me a message in SL. Thanks.

Morning in the gallery

• Like 2

Hi Bill, I really appreciate your post. There are some portrait takers in SL who just snap the pic with no warning or permission and it becomes part of an exhibit down the road. This is a great way to collaborate with the model and not infringe on someone's privacy. If you would enjoy taking some portraits of my dancers who are all lovely people and from all over the globe I will be most happy to share the information. You can find me inworld. My theatre is Blue Lion Theatre of Music & Dance and I am typically there working on a project. Thank you again for the considerate approach to capturing portraits. Peace. Indigo

• Like 2

Heck yeah, Bill!  I don't know what times you're in SL, but this could be fun.  If you plan on displaying the pics inworld in a public gallery, then no nudity, but I'm up for something fun and creative.  I'll even be snapping my own pics while you take yours.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 8:37 PM, IndigoBlue Tomorrow said:

Hi Bill, I really appreciate your post. There are some portrait takers in SL who just snap the pic with no warning or permission and it becomes part of an exhibit down the road. This is a great way to collaborate with the model and not infringe on someone's privacy. If you would enjoy taking some portraits of my dancers who are all lovely people and from all over the globe I will be most happy to share the information. You can find me inworld. My theatre is Blue Lion Theatre of Music & Dance and I am typically there working on a project. Thank you again for the considerate approach to capturing portraits. Peace. Indigo

Ok ill check it out, thanks, I like to interact with the models, and get to know people, Look forward to checking out your theatre.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Heck yeah, Bill!  I don't know what times you're in SL, but this could be fun.  If you plan on displaying the pics inworld in a public gallery, then no nudity, but I'm up for something fun and creative.  I'll even be snapping my own pics while you take yours.

My gallery is in a family friendly place, so nothing erotic is allowed, i have had some pictures with partial nudity but i am working to phase those out as well. Ill be in touch.