Position camera in front of me and follow a movement

Hello,

I'm setting up a camera so that it looks straight at me, while following the movement of the vehicle (a boat) on which I'm sitting.

Using CAMERA_POSITION, CAMERA_FOCUS, and the CAMERA_POSITION_LOCKED, CAMERA_FOCUS_LOCKED allow to have the camera positioning but are relative to the region coordinates and so don't follow the boat moving.

llSetCameraAtOffset and llSetCameraEyeOffset need to be configured before I sit, so can't be used there as camera position can change while I'm sitted.

CAMERA_FOCUS_OFFSET allows to solve halt of the issue, but the camera look alway from behind the avatar. In fact I would need a CAMERA_POSITION_OFFSET... 

Is there a solution to this question ?

thank you

LSL's camera system wasn't designed generally enough to do anything it wasn't specifically intended to do in a visually appealing or 'correct' way.

While it is technically possible to force it to do what you want, if this is for a personal project, you will have a much better experience if you use your viewer's camera controls to set up a custom camera position. 'precise controls' -> set the 'camera offset' Y value to something relatively large (like 5.0), and play with other values to taste, then save as a preset.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Thanks 2