rumors of my scripted death...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, scripters! I'd like to know if an idea I have is possible...

I'd like to create a short scene where I die, falling forward to the ground, and a pool of blood slowly spreads from beneath my body. It's something that I'd love to add for crime or combat RP.

I've found a great animation. I've also found a pretty good blood puddle.

As I figure it, the sequence would be: 1) play the animation, 2) unhide the puddle (attached to chest or spine) by turning the transparency down from 100% to 0%, and 3) slowly expand the x and y coordinates of the puddle from very small to some size larger than my body's frame. When deactivated, the animation stops and the puddle resets back to its original small size and transparency.

Is this possible, especially the slow spread of the blood puddle?

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 2

I don't see a problem, just need to decide what triggers activation and deactivation. the blood spread would be in a timer event (not a sleep loop) so a deactivation can abort it mid-spread. Assuming the puddle's coordinate system is sensible, should be fine.

• Like 2

Yes, should not be an issue. You will need to play with the timer interval and size increment a little to make it look fluent, and time the animation so that it starts expanding after you hug the ground (and in my head there is a sound playing going "Dun Dun DUUUUUNNNN!!"

Also, is the chicken in the picture a suspect or a witness?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.