HELP πŸ™ PLEASE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Would love some feed back for laptop using the below in second life,I'm trying to work out which laptop to buy and what works best in sl

😊 Thanks

nVidia GeForce MX550 and AMD Radeon Graphics onboard AMD Ryzen R7 7730U APU

Β 

It will run SL, it won't run it particularly well.

The GeForce MX550 GPU is kinda like a GTX1650 but has the memory bus cut in half and only 2GB of dedicated video memory it can use as well as a very low power limit.

In general I would say you want a little bit more power at least and a minimum of 4GB of dedicated video memory for SL in 2024 but if you are prepared to turn down settings quite far the MX550 in that laptop will work, just don't try and set any graphics settings too high or it will chug.

It will struggle in busy scenes and anywhere where there are more than a few avatars present.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AmeliaJ08

19 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It will run SL, it won't run it particularly well.

The GeForce MX550 GPU is kinda like a GTX1650 but has the memory bus cut in half and only 2GB of dedicated video memory it can use as well as a very low power limit.

In general I would say you want a little bit more power at least and a minimum of 4GB of dedicated video memory for SL in 2024 but if you are prepared to turn down settings quite far the MX550 in that laptop will work, just don't try and set any graphics settings too high or it will chug.

It will struggle in busy scenes and anywhere where there are more than a few avatarsΒ 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.