About registration API

Onegun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently i am tasked to deploy the registration api of second life, i noticed the registration examples on registration api wiki is different from the registration page on the  main site where only request the fields of "Email"+"Username". However the registration API requests "First name"+"Last name", did second life remove the "last name" deployment?

Thanks

Jack

Second Life no longer uses the "First Name" + "Last Name" account structure for user names. They have moved to a single-word "User name", and the ability for users of the 2.x version Viewers to set a "Display Name" in world that can be anything they want. For compatibility with older scripts and the 1.x series browsers, people with single name accounts use "Resident" in the last name field, and people with two-name accounts type both names, separated by a space or a period, into the single "Name" field.

I would question whether the current data on the Reg API is valid. Many of the sites using the Reg API currently are inaccessible, and the few that still work recently had to revise their code to the single-name format, and cease allowing two-name account creation.

Since this is a users forum, and not an official communication channel with the Linden Lab staff, 99% of the people here can't give you a definitive answer on a question like this. I would advise contacting Linden Lab directly, by phone or by e-mail, and asking them how the Reg API will be supported in the future. The code you downloaded, that supports a two-name account creation, is obsolete and most likely will not function now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.