My objects are all black!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downloaded the new Beta viewer on Saturday morning and things have all gone horribly wrong.  My objects are all black.

I am wandering around in my house in the dark like the power supply has been cut.  I much prefer Beta to the regular V2 viewer.  Can anyone come up with any suggestions on how this problem may be rectified?  Many thanks, a very frustrated Jinty :(

Hi Jinty,

Glad you found a fix.  You might want to check your Hardware setting in Preferences - Graphics  and see if Enable VBO is turned on.  I noticed that my settings were changed with this last upgrade.  Turning that off may allow you to turn your Basic Shaders back on. :)

--Cinn

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem and noticed that the problem has been noticed in the Jira. I thought it was because of Kirsten's viewer but I have also this issue on V3. I made a video a while ago :

I tried everything and nothing works.

@Cinnamon : By "check your Hardware setting in Preferences - Graphics  and see if Enable VBO is turned on" => Do you mean the "Disable VBO gIMapBufferARB (Memory  tweak)" button (on Kirsten's viewer) ??

I did not see any "Enable VBO" button on LL V3 viewer.

Regards.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.