Just Information on what I should look for (touchscreen)

Koda Falken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, long time player first time poster..... ever. 

so I want to start Off first and say, besides basics, I have "NO skill in Scripting" but that does not mean im not trying. Atm Im starting from the ground up and going through all the Tutorial sites,

number one being - https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial

ok so I just want information on what I should be Looking for ( i know this will be Far out of my reach atm to understand but I can save it for later ) 
I want to make a touch screen for a build I have been working on. I have animated the item with moving and folding prims and when you hit the button the screen opens and the texture on it shows a keyboard. what I want to do "Later on once I learn how to do it" is beable to touch the keys on the Texture to have them work. 

the best example I can think of is think of stargate. the glyphs on a texture. and when touched. they start to dial the gate. as long as you are touching the right ones it will dial out. I noticed a lot of DHD's out there are like 40+ prims. my controller is only 5.

I just dont know what im trying to look for? is it called vector? 

I dont want anyone to write a script for me please, I do wish to learn this on my own. I just need a direction to be pointed in so I can learn. 

Thank you for your time.

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Take a look at all of the LSL functions that start with llDetectedTouch.  The ones you are most likely to use first are llDetectedTouchST, llDetectedTouchUV, and llDetectedTouchFace, but the others are handy in some situations.  

Thank you ^.^ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.