New snowball arena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend messaged me to say the Winter Wonderland snowball arena was open and they were not impressed. Popped over to take a peek, sorry to say i am in agreement. Change of scenery i can live with, as well as the no flying rule (think that was in place before but peeps did ignore it). The new team based rules/limited guns and 3 lives then start again ruin the fun. I liked the old system where i could help friends out/shoot at everybody and get shot by all and end up being shot up in to the sky. I will be joining my other friends who will be giving the arena a miss this year, pity as i made some good friends there. Note to Santa, Christmas is cancelled       

• Like 1

I agree  with rincewind. It was a good idea to allow people to choice a group so  that everybody was not fighting against everybody. It was a good idea too restrict the time of living. But 3 times, you don't have time to play lol As soon as you land on the sim  you are shooted ! So, to restrict the number of lifes is ok, but don't restrict to 3, it is not enough to play when there are a lot of players. The weapons don't seem as adequate as they were.

To resume, I think that Lindens made good  changes, but it was not a so good idea  to change all at the same time. The older landscape,  with its fortresses was better  for playing that game... ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Agrees with Rincewind I know the Lindens will say the original concept is too old now and been around too long but I love it and so did my friends and family. We loved bouncing in the air when we were shot at and okay there was a lot of opportunity for blue on blue but nobody cared it just added to the fun. The present system is mad with only three lives you spend all your time walking back from the spawn point like you're in some lamer version of Team Fortress or Counterstrike and if I wanted that in my SL I would play it. Please please bring back the original version before the snow melts with the BFG instead of the weedy little pea shooter the new game gives you and let's all bounce again. If you want to see bounce in action check out my video THAT was fun entertainment :) 

• Like 1

I spent quite a lot of time at the Linden Winter Wonderland snowball fight and I thought the Capture The Flag was really cool! had a couple of good long matches with random team mates, we got pretty strategic and I found a few secret ways of quickly getting up to the top of the towers to capture the flag.

Then if you got 10 points the giant ice dragon would appear and with each point there was also an avalanche. I thought it was very well scripted, credit to the clever moles and Lindens that did it.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.