How does land work with premium?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am considering getting a premium account and it says I can get 1024 land with no monthly fees. Do I have to get an assigned Linden home or can I shop around and buy any 1024 parcel? And when I buy this parcel do I get some kind of discount because this is my 1024 land that I’m getting for my premium account?

• Like 1

You can either pick a 1024 m parcel Linden Home, buy a 1024 m parcel on mainland, or pick a 512 m parcel Linden Home and buy a 512 m parcel on mainland. Having two small, 512 m parcels isn't very useful for most people though.

Having a Linden Home gives you the most land impact for furnishings and landscaping, because the house itself doesn't count against your land impact.

Buying land, on the other hand, gives you the ability to terraform your land, put up whatever kind of building you want, and do pretty much whatever you want with your land. For instance, you might want to use your 1024 m parcel for a store or an adult club, neither of which you can do with a Linden Home. You can also restrict your land so nobody else can enter it without your permission with a mainland parcel, while in Bellisseria you have to allow at least 15 seconds for people to move through your parcel before automatically ejecting them. (You can manually eject anyone at any time.)

If you decide to buy mainland, an easy way to get about 10% more tier and land impact is to create a group with an alt, then buy the land for your group instead of buying it as an individual. If you can normally have 1024 m of land, you can then buy a bit more, though because land is sold in 16 square meter units, it's actually a little less than 10 % more.

I've had both mainland and Linden Homes. For newbies or oldbies who want an easy, low-cost alternative to owning mainland, I recommend getting a Linden Home. If, on the other hand, you might want to buy more than 1024 m and develop it in an interesting way, then buying mainland might be the better choice.

There is no discount on the land you buy, except that you might be able to buy additional abandoned land at $L/1 m in the same region.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
typo
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.