Alpha Mode Faded Out?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all.

First and foremost I'm grateful and appreciative for any help you can throw my way.

I've never had this issue before and I'm baffled.  In Second Life the "Alpha Mode" box on my texturing tab is faded out. I believe I've done all the necessary steps for this window to show up properly.

My normal and spec maps are set to none. I utilize Blender for my models, and substance painter for my texturing.  In Substance painter, I made my fill layer, have color & opacity set. set color to black, and uploaded my texture as an alpha, etc... I do all of this when I make shadows for my products in SL and have never had this issue before. 

What am i missing or what could be causing the box to remain faded?

Again, thank you kindly for your help & time!

Spruceb1955fcb0727cde96dbc878d0dcd3724.png

2 hours ago, Spruce Evergreen said:

Hello all.

First and foremost I'm grateful and appreciative for any help you can throw my way.

I've never had this issue before and I'm baffled.  In Second Life the "Alpha Mode" box on my texturing tab is faded out. I believe I've done all the necessary steps for this window to show up properly.

My normal and spec maps are set to none. I utilize Blender for my models, and substance painter for my texturing.  In Substance painter, I made my fill layer, have color & opacity set. set color to black, and uploaded my texture as an alpha, etc... I do all of this when I make shadows for my products in SL and have never had this issue before. 

What am i missing or what could be causing the box to remain faded?

Again, thank you kindly for your help & time!

Spruceb1955fcb0727cde96dbc878d0dcd3724.png

It does mean that the texture doesn't have an alpha channel. I'd double check my export settings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arton Rotaru said:

It does mean that the texture doesn't have an alpha channel. I'd double check my export settings.

Thinking of it, the viewer does strip alpha channels when the alpha channel is just plain white all over. Something to check for as well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.