Manual PBR reflection (idea/request)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What are the chances that LSL will be able to set the reflection and ambience reported by a reflection probe to a given value?

I would like to be able to set a reflection image for a scene... and then change the scene such that the reflection stays in the prior state.
Better still: Allow the reflection probe to report a reflection from a different view point, that we can control.

I would like to be able to lock or manually adjust the ambience intensity and color.  I can fake this action, but it requires hiding the emitters(adjusted reflection probe).
I want to be able to move the ambient light space by moving the object as well.  Easiest to use a script due to the probe trying to be hard to select.

Edit: I've discovered you can attach a prim to the probe and use it like a handle.  That saves some awkward box dragging and deselecting.

Edited by Gwydeon Nomad

Unlikely is the answer.

The idea behind reflection probes is that they provide an accurate reflection for the live scene surrounding them, not for custom HDRi use. This idea was brought up during PBR development, but got rejected by the engineers.

Ambiance intensity is already controllable via the probe's ambiance value. See the PBR wiki page for more details - https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/PBR_Materials

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.