rez, then attach later

CossetteAlarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the case of a guillotine, where the head comes off, I'd like to rez the temporary attachment (in blender I created a pose with the head some meters away and imported the bones in dae file) then when you sit on the avsitter prim, it has the attachment as a prop. using experiences it "attaches" (av loses their head) as soon as they sit, but i put a listener in there to use llMessageLinked to make the prop attach instead of the sit action doing it. That's great except... there's a slight delay because it has to rez _first_ then attach. So when the blade comes down it appears that your head is stuck for a second then falls off.

Ideally I'd like to rez the attachment when they sit (well lie down really) (and get permission if they haven't yet agreed to the experience) then when the blade comes down it attaches (it's already rezzed when they sit). Anybody know how to do that? It maybe has to be done by modifying the AVSitter code, but i'm checking to see if there's a 'stock' solution.

How about going back to attaching it immediately as a normal PROP1 but fully transparent, and where you're currently doing the linked message to make it attach instead have a llRegionSayTo a listener inside the attachment to tell it to go opaque?

(Admittedly, I may not understand what you're doing exactly. I'm not sure why the head is an attached PROP1 instead of a rezzed PROP, so maybe this guillotine isn't what I imagine, or maybe I don't understand what you're doing currently.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.