Unable to Open or Access Second Life on my Macbook Pro

eviee26

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been on Second Life for over 10 years now and two days ago when I went to log-in I was told - as has happened many times - that the latest version of SL needed to be downloaded first, which it automatically did.  However, after this was completed I clicked the SL app icon and the second it starts to open the application immediately shuts down so I am unable to even access the log in page.

I have a Mac Book Pro and have been running a Phoenix SL browser since I first signed up 10 years ago and have a High Sierra OS version 10.13.6 running on my computer.  I have no idea what is causing this nor what to do.  Can anybody help?

3 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, eviee26 said:

I have been on Second Life for over 10 years now and two days ago when I went to log-in I was told - as has happened many times - that the latest version of SL needed to be downloaded first, which it automatically did.  However, after this was completed I clicked the SL app icon and the second it starts to open the application immediately shuts down so I am unable to even access the log in page.

I have a Mac Book Pro and have been running a Phoenix SL browser since I first signed up 10 years ago and have a High Sierra OS version 10.13.6 running on my computer.  I have no idea what is causing this nor what to do.  Can anybody help?

Check this thread...

On 11/4/2023 at 3:00 PM, eviee26 said:

Thanks for getting back to me with this thread - I tried moving the settings file to the desktop as instructed, but no luck - its still not opening.

Did you try moving bin_conf.dat out too?

Also which MacBook Pro do you have (info from About this Mac on the Apple menu)?

Edited by Gavin Hird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.