Stuck in Object View after teleporting

Margot Mynx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Like the title says, I keep getting stuck in Object View when teleporting. I get the magnifying glass with plus sign cursor, can't move with arrows or WASD, only rotate my camera, zoom, or go into mouselook with 'M'. From what I've seen, it's when I teleport after clicking a slurl from an external website (I haven't seen it happening when teleporting within SL itself). It originally happened in the Firestorm viewer, but I was able to recreate it in the official LL viewer as well. I disabled RLV, and detached anything that even could have possibly had RLV scripts in it. People have suggested it may be a mesh attachment I have on, but I can't possibly figure out what it might be. I've used the same mesh bodies/heads/clothing for ages and never had this problem. I've tried shift+esc to exit object view to no avail; the only way I can get out of it is to hit 'M' for mouselook and literally spam keys on my keyboard until I see myself move in first person, only THEN can I get back into third person view and move with WASD. Someone also suggested that it might be a sticky alt key on my keyboard, but if that were the case I'd be getting stuck in object view all the time, not only after I TP. Does anyone have any insight or ideas on what could be causing this? I going a little bit insane trying to do my weekend shopping only to get stuck every few teleports. Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

It's the stuck Alt key. Why it gets stuck, I dunno, but it has started happening to other people in recent versions of Firestorm at least.

For example it tends to happen when the viewer changes focus, like when you click to/from another window or when you alt-tab between windows.

To fix it, just press the Alt key while the viewer is in focus. It's not a problem with your keyboard.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.