GIMP script-fu for XyzzyText error

Misy Pera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm sorry if this should be somewhere else. Since it's a scripting error I thought someone here might have a good idea of what I'm doing wrong, or if this is just outdated or something.

I'm trying to use the make textures with alternative fonts for the 5-character version for XyzzyText.  I found a script on the SL wiki to add to gimp to produce them, but I get an error every time.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/XyzzyText#How_to_produce_textures_with_alternative_fonts_for_5_character_version_.28GIMP_script-fu_version.29

Error while executing script-fu-xytext-simple:

Error: eval: unbound variable: NORMAL 

I've never added a script or plugin to gimp so I might be doing it wrong.  I put the .scm file in my script folder and the menu button appears where it should on the gimp menu. After selecting the button on the menu, I get a box to pick the font size and font.  When I click okay I get that error.  I have tried several fonts with the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

Googling through documentation, it looks like replacing NORMAL with GIMP_LAYER_MODE_NORMAL or just the  number 0 (hopefully corresponding to GIMP_LAYER_MODE_NORMAL_LEGACY) might fix that specific error.

Edited by Quistess Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.