Uploading sound "sample rate" error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am trying to upload a sound I just edited in Audacity, when trying to upload in SL I get: "File does not appear to be a supported sample rate (must be 44.1k).

I think to have set the file correctly in Audacity as the image shows, and I do export in WAV format, anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help

ffc1a80507d4f9f4970ea1be3f25a28e.png

Hello, I had the same issue last days with audacity. I re-checked any exported .wav files from audacity to verify it does still have 44.1k and seen it never was the case. It seems like there is a problem with audacity or some settings has been changed to modify the sample rate.

I was using the same way like you to change the sample rate many times before. It just doesn't works anymore like that. Maybe there is a another way which has been changed in the software or it's a bug.  Since I mostly use Linux, I was able to use an temporary solution to correct the sample rate when exporting .wav files with:

"ffmpeg -i my_input_file.wav -c:a pcm_s16le -ar 44100 my_output_file.wav"

Edit:

This is a bug of the current 3.3.3 audacity release. It has been fixed in the current alpha version 3.4.0 which you can download from their official website. For older versions you can open the "Audio Settings" if you go to Edit -> Preferences and set "Project Sample Rate" to 44100 and it will be exported as 44.1k

Edited by CringyCringe
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.