Avatar detection - is it rezzed?

lilyblackbush

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, is there a quick and easy way to detect if/when an avatar is sufficiently rezzed for llGetObjectDetails to return accurate results?

It's just that I am working on a script that uses those details to determine program flow and have found it throwing up dodgy results where the target avatar is still rezzing.

What I am hoping, therefore, is that a while(not rezzed){llSleep(0.1);} loop will solve the problem, but i can't decide on the best 'not rezzed'' condition to check.

Ideas anyone?

1 hour ago, lilyblackbush said:

Hello, is there a quick and easy way to detect if/when an avatar is sufficiently rezzed for llGetObjectDetails to return accurate results?

It's just that I am working on a script that uses those details to determine program flow and have found it throwing up dodgy results where the target avatar is still rezzing.

What I am hoping, therefore, is that a while(not rezzed){llSleep(0.1);} loop will solve the problem, but i can't decide on the best 'not rezzed'' condition to check.

Ideas anyone?

I'd try llGetAgentSize

vector agentSize = llGetAgentSize(uuid);
if (agentSize.z == 1.9) {
    // avatar is probably Ruthed
}

So, if (agentSize.z != 1.9), llGetObjectDetails should work (though I'm a bit surprised if(llGetObjectDetails([some_parameters]) !=[ ]) doesn't work too).

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lilyblackbush said:

while(not rezzed){llSleep(0.1);}

(I'm sure you already know, but) you should be careful there, and add some sort of sanity timeout (give up after X seconds) in case the avatar never rezzes, or teleports away while you're checking. llGetTime() is quite useful for that sort of thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quistess Alpha said:

(I'm sure you already know, but) you should be careful there, and add some sort of sanity timeout (give up after X seconds) in case the avatar never rezzes, or teleports away while you're checking. llGetTime() is quite useful for that sort of thing.

Yes, what i posted was the abbreviated version of my pause loop. The full version has a time limit, though, to be honest, I haven't quite decided what to do if/when it does time-out. 

Still scratching my head on that one :P

8 hours ago, lilyblackbush said:

Thanks. I was thinking about that one but wasn't sure how reliable it would be. Try it and see I suppose. :)

I've used the avatar's z axis primarily to check if their attachments can hear and respond to messages from my scripts after they arrive on a region.   It's always  proved reliable for that.

It's really just the visitor's body shape that I need so, as you can probably imagine, getting that wrong can be a bit awkward, especially as the flag defaults to trans.

I am just a bit miffed that, having worked so hard to make the code as efficient as I can get it, it being now too speedy, I am having to deliberately slow it down. LOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.