Live365 and stream board compatibility

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My Live365 station feed works just fine set as a parcel stream, and Second Life picks up the metadata info and posts it in local chat. I do live shows (a regular 80s show Wednesdays, and occasional DJing at events), and the same is true of the livestream (likely because it's just going through the same link once the stream hits the Live365 servers from my DJing software). I've seen other DJs using "stream boards" where the song info is posted on a board with additional information (DJ name, name of club, event schedules, that sort of thing). I have tried the listen links from Live365 (the standard "listen" link, as well as the pls, m3u, and asx links) and the stream boards I have tried just will not parse the metadata. These stream boards require icecast and/or shoutcast streams, and all documentation in Live365 says that the Live365 streams are icecast v2, so I can not fathom why they will not read the metadata. I know I am not the only DJ in Second Life using Live365, but so far, I don't know of another that uses a stream board so I guess maybe I'm the only one who has attempted to use one (or the only one determined to work out why it isn't working?) and figured I'd post here in case anyone might have any ideas of things to try to get it to work.

One of the reps at Live365 says it is likely that "there might be a specific requirement or protocol of those systems that isn't being met by the Live365 streams". But without knowing the specific requirements of the stream board systems, it's hard to know how to work around it.

Posting a photo of the board I have with the error message it's throwing. This one was just called "streamboard" and is a very reasonable 50L on the marketplace, and I've tried with a friend's (more expensive) SHX SRC-F4s system, and had no luck with either. As these boards don't have demo versions, I definitely want to be sure one is going to actually work before sinking a load of L$s into one.

streamboard_001.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.