Seeking a bit of info/resources for mesh development

Psistorm Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It might be that these questions have been answered before, but i couldnt find the answers im afraid. If so, i apologize upfront for asking again, however.

Basically, Im looking for two things, since im starting mesh work myself recently:

- Is there any way to get a fully rigged/skinned SL avatar mesh into 3d studio max? I want to build avatar attachments, and be able to see how they deform along with the av mesh without having to rely on the beta grid (due to a server glitch, the beta grid is unusable for me. no friends, no teleports, nothing at all rezes, ever). That would be a tremendous help and save me tons of work uploading and re-uploading.

- Is it possible to control mesh via scripts? Such as, swap out a mesh fine via a script command, much like a sculpt? This would present large benefits to my line of work (creating an anthro avatar with variable, mesh-based facial expressions rather than having to pummel a sculpt into submission to look like the desired facial features)

I may be able to help with your first question but have no idea on the second :D Here is a link to the forum archive Maya best practices thread which has a skeleton provided by Reed Steamroller that should import for you. If for some reason it doesn't you could export the skeleton from the avatar.blend file to collada and then bring it into max. There is some other info in that thread that may be helpful for you as well, hope this helps with your problem!!

[edited] woops sorry forgot link :)http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Mesh-Best-Practices-Maya/td-p/182772 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.