Anyone live in Varriale's Chateau Villandry?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought this biggish house last year when I had space for it, then went homeSLess for a time living on smaller parcels. I recently moved back into it and am remembering how much I liked its space and concept the first time round. Of course I lost all my fixes and mods, but it's been fun rediscovering what I did to improve it when it was new to me. Not everything I did to it then can be recreated due to the setting it's in this time around, but I'm seeing new possibilities too.

My earlier improvements included a secret door and tunnel to a 2 level underground parking garage, a hidden door to the 3rd floor suite, and a full finished basement.

This time I've added a secret office under the stairs (with an escape hatch) and a hidden wine cellar in the kitchen. No room for the same parking garage that I saved from before, but the house is in the sky this time so no need either. Both times I replaced the missing railing pier at the top of the right staircase.

I'd love to hear from folks familiar with this build, and definitely looking for inspiration on decorating/furnishing, mods/fixes/improvements, as well as any other commentary you have about the place!

TroHouse_001.thumb.jpg.452e626c48e1e55b50bc314235537ff8.jpg

VIllandrysky_001.thumb.jpg.038397259f34a88f03e13942c6063969.jpg

salon_001.thumb.jpg.5a99bcd97e1a4957fc9a29830414bcb3.jpg

PadukParking_001.thumb.png.b68b3fd6aa320f38d770a770bd752c15.png

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.