item disappeared

JaseWidend

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

I am new here so this might be something common that has happened. When I bought an item and dragged it from my recieved items folder to the ground to unpack/open it, it disappeared.  I then checked the url and saw the box with the circle and line through it and it said 'Building/dropping objects not allowed'  so I went to a new land and looked for it but all I found was an empty folder in my recieved items folder. 

Where did it go?

4 hours ago, JaseWidend said:

Hi everyone

I am new here so this might be something common that has happened. When I bought an item and dragged it from my recieved items folder to the ground to unpack/open it, it disappeared.  I then checked the url and saw the box with the circle and line through it and it said 'Building/dropping objects not allowed'  so I went to a new land and looked for it but all I found was an empty folder in my recieved items folder. 

Where did it go?

This often happens if you rez a no-copy item on a mesh surface or inside a mesh building.

If you re-log immediately after the disappearance, it might come back. Or it might not. If it doesn't your only hope is to contact the seller, show them your transaction history where you paid for it, and hope they are kind enough to send you a replacement.

For future reference, always rez no-copy items outside of a mesh building, on a plain prim or base terrain.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.