Is it possible to get the local position of another attachment ?

Gilles Donogal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to create an accessory from one of my attachments. And for make it easy to wear, in case others are interested, I want to place it through script ( and because I'm a geek too :))

I searched, and found the function LlGetObjectDetails for get the name of the others attachment, and it has an argument for the position, but the position returned is similar like llGetPos(), and in the wiki it said it is "When called from the root of an attachment, returns the wearer's region position.".

I made some internet searches, but found nothing answering my question, how to get the local position, relative either to the avatar, or the attachment point, of another attachment.

Maybe it is impossible.

Thanks for your help.

The local position of another attachment isn't particularly useful unless you have a script in that attachment.

If you have some HUD+attachment combination (for example) and you want the HUD to move the attachment with some arrows, I'd just have the HUD tell the attachment which arrow was pressed, and handle the movement in the attachment's script.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.