Couples Walker vehicle type

AmeliaJ08

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

I have been experimenting more with scripting lately and enjoying it.  I have decided to make a couples walker as a sort of first big (not really but big for me) project and have a working prototype after doing a little studying and experimenting.

Anyway I was looking to see if anyone had any tips as far as the vehicle flags I should be using, making a slow speed 'car' is relatively simple and I've managed to get something close but it still feels a little awkward and doesn't cope particularly well with uneven terrain, prim surfaces etc.

Does anyone have any tips? I feel like I need something that is simultaneously high torque but low speed, stable yet somehow with the ability to 'bump' up things like steps... almost as if some sort of stable all-terrain vehicle type might be best for this purpose?

Just wondering if anyone had anything specific I should be looking at as far as vehicle flags, thank you.

Personally, I prefer using the physics functions to operate simple vehicles rather than the vehicle functions. As for 'going up steps' try decreasing your vehicle's gravity in the build menu or with llSetPhysicsMaterial and add some invisible 'sleds' to your vehicle's physics shape; a half-sphere with the bottom flattened a bit might do the trick. (dimple 0.5, 0.9 ish? set physics type convex)

Edited by Quistess Alpha

6 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Personally, I prefer using the physics functions to operate simple vehicles rather than the vehicle functions. As for 'going up steps' try decreasing your vehicle's gravity in the build menu or with llSetPhysicsMaterial and add some invisible 'sleds' to your vehicle's physics shape; a half-sphere with the bottom flattened a bit might do the trick. (dimple 0.5, 0.9 ish? set physics type convex)

Ahhh I hadn't even thought of that! I had tried with changing the shape of the invisible prim vehicle base but hadn't found much success, I will go research these non-vehicle vehicle types! thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.