Bone scaling and movement

Reiikz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm creating an animesh attachment and I needed a row of bones in line long enough for my purpose and what I've done is I've grabbed the wing bones and I've put them all in a straight line.
Then I proceeded to create an animation that moved and scaled the bones accordingly and it looks fine on blender. All the modifiers have been applied and everything there isn't any weirdness on that part, and I've also made sure to respect the hirearchy of the bones and the rig itself looks fine on upload.
But when run the annimation in game the bones that I've set move rotate in place instead.

Is this something that's not possible in Second Life? have an animation that scales bones and moves the bones of a rig.

OjqzFy8.png

Second Life does not support scale changes in animations AFAIK.

It does support translations, but you have to leave the export option "Root Translation Only" unset. Also, if you're doing a straight BVH export from plain Blender and not using an add-on, you need to enter a scale of 39.4 -- at least, if you're using the default scale of "1 Blender length unit = 1 meter".  Second Life's BVH importer treats all distances as inches.

Edited by Quarrel Kukulcan
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 12:59 AM, Reiikz said:

and scaled the bones accordingly

Scale animations are not supported in SL.  Though there are some tricks you can play to get a few things to comply.  Like Quarrel Kukulcan said, unless you're using an add-on like Bento Buddy that automates these things, you'll need to convert to inches when using Blenders native exporter.

Grab my attention in-world, a notecard is best, and I'll give you all the information you need to get your task completed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.