Unpacker with subfolders?

atyid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to make an unpacker with pre-unpacked folders in it. The one way I know how to accomplish want I want is individual unpackers for each folder, but it's not ideal and way more work than I want for customers.

Any advice is super appreciated!

• Like 1

Do you mean that the unpacker should give the user a folder with subfolders? It's not possible to create a complex structure like that with LSL.

If you use Marketplace, you can structure the product folder so that the product arrives unpacked and organized with subfolders. That way you won't need miles-long names either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It's not possible to create a complex structure like that with LSL.

Technically, I think viewers are free to interpret the folder name as a path if they want to, as RLV viewers add folders to a subfolder under certain conditions. I don't think many or any viewers support interpreting "mything/extrastuff" as a path rather than a literal folder-name outside of a RLV context though.

ETA:

llGiveInventoryList(llGetOwner(),"#RLV/~Test/ing",[llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_OBJECT,0)]);

even gives a folder 3 levels deep (given RLV is on, viewer supports it). The possibility is there, just viewers haven't implemented it.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Do you mean that the unpacker should give the user a folder with subfolders? It's not possible to create a complex structure like that with LSL.

If you use Marketplace, you can structure the product folder so that the product arrives unpacked and organized with subfolders. That way you won't need miles-long names either.

I was hoping to do that, it's a shame it isn't possible.

MP tells me there's no version folder when I use subfolders. I figured the reason why unpackers are used but MP has been really buggy for me lol. I'll try using no unpackers with MP again!

2 hours ago, atyid said:

MP tells me there's no version folder when I use subfolders. I figured the reason why unpackers are used but MP has been really buggy for me lol. I'll try using no unpackers with MP again!

For Marketplace, your folder should look like this:

image.png.b7de2c416483133555c6c599ba83fb8a.png

"Main product" is the name of the listing itself, and it contains all versions of your product, if you make updates. You can add/change the active version folder.

"Version 1" contains everything that gets delivered to a customer, including any sub-folders. The name is shown in the Listing Edit form, to help you identify which version is active. When the product is delivered, the listing name is used, not the version folder's name.

image.png.99879e707ffe23b3df0f1f63a0ea5810.png

2 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Technically, I think viewers are free to interpret the folder name as a path if they want to, as RLV viewers add folders to a subfolder under certain conditions. I don't think many or any viewers support interpreting "mything/extrastuff" as a path rather than a literal folder-name outside of a RLV context though.

The viewer can do it, of course. 🙂 RLV is not LSL, though. It's an API but we don't gotta go into that.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.