• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valky Bigbear

Connection problems

4 posts in this topic

Hello, thanks for read this my post.

Some days ago my modem/router is broken and i changed it with a Sitecom 300N. After changed it i have big problems in SL:

I lost the groups, the information in about land, i crash in teleport, and music and voice don't work. I can only make a log in and use im.

I tried with Windows XP, Vista and Win7 and also with Linux. and I tried with SL2 viewer and also with Phoenix .. The issues are the same!

I have disabled the firewall in modem and i have no firewall in the operating system. Why I have these problems? can everyone help me, please? thank you soooo much :-)

You should not be operating without a firewall.  And should not have to.  The firewall on your computer should let you set it to handle that.  

Some modem/routers have had problems with SL beacause SL uses ports not commonly used for routine internet traffic.  I dont know whether that applies in your case.     If you can borrow another router, preferably Linksys, see if that works for you.

TKR 

Thank you Thinkerer,

I thought  to disable the firewall was like to open all the ports.. I'll try to open that ports if I can do it.. thank you soo much for the moment. :-)

I tried to open all ports but i have the same problems: after few minutes from login, i am disconnected and then i lost the information in about land, the groups, the voice, the music, i see only the sim where i make login and i crash everytime i make a teleport. :-(

I don't know why!