Audio Hijack DJ's

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am looking for a DJ who DJ's with Audio Hijack 4 on Macintosh Monterey 12.6. I am having trouble getting it to work. I can get it to stream, however my voice is always talking over the music and is very quiet. I will post a screenshot or a couple if it lets me, of how my stream looks. Maybe I am doing it wrong. If anyone could help me get it working I would be eternally grateful. Please contact me here or in world I am Lia Lupindo.

Audio Hijack Session While Running.png

Audio Hijack Session Off.png

Hi Lia, I've used Audio Hijack for several years now (and Nicecast prior to that, also made by Rogue Amoeba, which was retired a few years ago.)

I've attached a screenshot of one of my session setups.

The reason you're hearing yourself talk is because of the order of the outputs. As you can see from mine, I have the monitor output fed with just my music — I'm using Swinsian but that was Apple Music previously. The microphone then gets fed into the auto-ducking module along with the music after the monitor output. No more tripping over yourself!

Regarding microphone volume, it's trickier with one that's built-in to your Mac. Other than getting closer to it, my advice is to speak loud and clear, enunciate your words, and remember to breathe! If you can get an external microphone that'll definitely help, but practicing talking into your current one will pay dividends in the long run. Trust me on this. (Small shameless plug, I'm a broadcaster for Gorean Whip Radio, so I get lots of feedback about how I sound from management.)

You might notice the recorder module in that screenshot. A great way to find out how you sound would be to create a session with the recorder instead of the broadcast block, record yourself playing music and talking, then listen back to the recording. Nobody else needs to hear those, so you can try different ways of boosting your mic without embarassment. :)

Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 2.40.08 pm.jpg

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.