Rebelle™ 5 Pro Texturing Program - Almost Free!/93%Off

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This looks quite similar to Corel Painter (originally created by Fractal Designs aka MetaCreations who were collectively responsible for Poser, Bryce and all the fun Kais graphics apps before Corel gobbled them all up faster than a Borg drone can say "Resistance is futile!" 🙄).

Unfortunately the minimum requirements for this seem about the same as Painter so it's not going to run on my old Windows tablet (which would be my main incentive for buying a more lightweight Painter-like app) but even so given how low the price is I'm very tempted to get it anyway.

One of my main gripes with Painter is that you can't export the "Impasto layer" (Painters equivalent of a depth/height map which it uses to calculate the relief on its natural media effects) in order to convert it to a normal map which would allow you to recreate the same simulated depth on 3D surfaces, so if Rebelle allows you to export the equivalent of a depth map which captures the height data used by its natural media effects then I'm sold!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.