Draping a Flexible Path Prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have searched and searched online to see if I could find the answer myself but with no luck.

Is there a way to make a thin prim drape over an object?
I was trying to create netting draped over the rowing boat on the back of the Luxe Motor cargo boat, but it cannot be physical if it is flexible or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

it cannot be physical if it is flexible

That's correct!

Probably the best solution is to block out the boat you want to drape netting over using prims, take note of the dimensions and relative positions of each prim then recreate them in a 3D app and use cloth simulation to drape a sheet over them, then you can optimize the resulting object, upload it, add a net texture and position it over the rowing boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

That's correct!

Probably the best solution is to block out the boat you want to drape netting over using prims, take note of the dimensions and relative positions of each prim then recreate them in a 3D app and use cloth simulation to drape a sheet over them, then you can optimize the resulting object, upload it, add a net texture and position it over the rowing boat.

Thanks Fluffy 👍

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

take note of the dimensions and relative positions of each prim then recreate them in a 3D app

I'm probably too late with this suggestion but I often do this by exporting the prim linkset from SL into Blender; no need to recreate it if you made it. Right click in the viewer (Firestorm at least), Save as, Collada.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.