Can't log in on any viewer..

Warh Claven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello! I need some help! ❤️

My roommate moved out and switched internet service over to another roommate's name... now all of a sudden I can't log in to SL... all other net functions are working but not SL.
I tried radagast, Singularity and the normal SLV. I can get logged in for a minute but not long enough to load everything in.

Router is in their bedroom. waiting for them to reset it in the morning but if that doesn't work does anyone know what I can do?

EDIT: I'm running off a random wifi from across the street and it's working.. I have to be in the garage to get signal though, not ideal

average connection speed:
866/866 (Mbps)

Singularity Viewer info:
Grid: Second Life

Built with MSVC version 1925

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz (1800 MHz)
Memory: 8068 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19044)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.0100.9664
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 27.20.100.9664
RLV Version: RLV v2.8.0 / RLVa v1.4.10a

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.61.0 OpenSSL/1.1.0g zlib/1.2.11 WinIDN
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: (none)
Dullahan: 1.3.201911222103 / CEF: 78.3.7+gea7ef34+chromium-78.0.3904.108 / Chrome: 78
LibVLC: 3.0.8

Edited by Warh Claven
new info

5 answers to this question

FWIW, I wouldn't use Singularity as it hasn't been updated in a long time, and uses a compromised version of CEF.

Anyway -- If you know the router's login details, you can normally reboot it via the web console. That's what needs to happen first.

If problems persist - when your roommate moved out, did you switch providers or was the contract just transferred to another name?

9 hours ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

FWIW, I wouldn't use Singularity as it hasn't been updated in a long time, and uses a compromised version of CEF.

Anyway -- If you know the router's login details, you can normally reboot it via the web console. That's what needs to happen first.

If problems persist - when your roommate moved out, did you switch providers or was the contract just transferred to another name?

I think the password is saved in my pc, but Ive never used a 'web console' for a router. Dont think that's something i have on my PC. Are you saying that needs to be done rather than just unplugging it for a few minutes?

It's the same provider, xfinity. Same plan, same router. :/

I know everyone hates singularity, but they do update it. It's just a long time between updates. It's irrelevant though because i had the same problem on SLV and radegast

6 minutes ago, Warh Claven said:

Ive never used a 'web console' for a router. Dont think that's something i have on my PC.

You'll have access to it via the web browser on your PC.

Go to either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and it'll present you with a login screen. Chances are that the router is in a factory state, so it's likely the login is admin with password password - from there, you'll need to find wherever the option to Reboot or Restart is in the web console.

Alternately, you can just unplug it, but obviously that requires physical access to the router.

9 minutes ago, Warh Claven said:

I know everyone hates singularity, but they do update it. It's just a long time between updates. It's irrelevant though because i had the same problem on SLV and radegast

It's not that people hate it; but it's out-of-date to the point it poses a significant security risk.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.