Fountain Animated Water Help

Exocet Kungler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, tough one I can't seem to figure out that Im sure you all, the community will be able to solve instantly. Ive made a pretty cool fountain, with animated water. However, the water on the face or outside of the fountain is going in the normal direction gravity would take it, "Down". However, the backside of the fountain the water is going "UP". What in the world is wrong with my coding? Any help would be greatly appreciated to get all faces / sides going in the same direction. 

Here is what I have. 

integer face = ALL_SIDES;   
float rate = 0.200; 

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | LOOP | SMOOTH, face, 1, 1, 0.0, 0.0, rate);
        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
    }
}

Thanks again for all the help.. I know im missing something, just can't figure out what during playing with it as im a bit new to LSL scripting.

You can have only one texture animation on a single prim: it applies to either all faces or a single face, but not a combination of faces, so there's nothing you can do with a script to fix that.

What you can do, however, is simply use the edit tool, select the texture face going the wrong way and rotate it 180 degrees. If it's not a separate face, though, there's no fix and you need to swap it for an object with the appropriate texture/face setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Frionil Fang said:

You can have only one texture animation on a single prim: it applies to either all faces or a single face, but not a combination of faces, so there's nothing you can do with a script to fix that.

What you can do, however, is simply use the edit tool, select the texture face going the wrong way and rotate it 180 degrees. If it's not a separate face, though, there's no fix and you need to swap it for an object with the appropriate texture/face setup.

Brilliant idea!.. I kind of wondered about that. Thank you soo much!.. I knew all you smart people would know about these little tricks!.. I owe you a coffee sir!. 😁

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.