Second Life Viewier 2 version2.6.9 Crashes constantly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ever since updating to Second Life Viewier 2 version 2.6.9 I am experiencing frequent crashes, before this update it was a rare event to crash, now it would seem all I have to do is log in wait a few mintues and down I go, there is no consistancy in timing here, they are random, sometimes back to back within matters of mintues, and sometimes I'll go an hour or better. my point is Before the update this never happened I was very stable.

system specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Mobo - ASUS M4A87TD EVO

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

RAM - Corsair XMS Dominator 8gb Dual Channel Ram

GPU - XFX ATI Radeon 5850 XXX Edition 1gb 256bit, GDDR5

Hello Rolland. Give a try to download again a previous version of Viewer 2 and see if that helps. You can find here the previous version (2.6.8). If you want an older version click the following link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes Down there you can find more options. Have in your mind that the older versions of Viewer 2, are still active on the production grid, but are not formally supported by Linden Lab Customer Support.

In all occasions if you download a previous version of Viewer 2, set your your software updates NO to be installed automatically. (Preferences --> Setup --> Hardware).

If the problem remains you can try to clear your cache under your preferences, setup, reset and relog.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.