Linkset with pay

Taliro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I have a linkset with 3 prims.

Set different llSetPayPrice to the children while the money event exists to every prim.

The problem is that the children dont show any price on right click->Pay.

What did I do wrong?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Taliro
Typo

From the caveats section of the function's wiki page:

• This function only works when called from the root prim of an object. Its effect applies to all the prims in the object. Calling it from a child prim has no effect.

Child prims can have their own scripts with their own money events that will process the transaction if you try to pay that child prim specifically. However, as the documentation above specifies, the llSetPayPrice function only works when called from a script in the root. And the price(s) set by it will affect all prims in the linkset. If the root has multiple instances of llSetPayPrice, then whichever one was most recently executed will be what you see.

Edited by Fenix Eldritch
lol... arton, I saw the new post indicator just as I was clicking the submit button :P
  • Like 1

Might be a good time to ask yourself why you need them to be linked.

As above you can have multiple scripts with money events, but if you try and pay a child prim that ~doesn't have a script, it will trigger the event in the root, so you'll possibly need ot have the root prim's script refund any payments, unless you have exactly as many linked objects as things that you want to be payable.

Thanks all for your responses.

The linkset Im building is for public use, the 2 child prims suppose to be used by 2 different avatars. The root prim must not give pay option but its only something like a controller, like saying to the childs accept or dont accept payments.

I could use listeners but for this communication but I prefer have them all in a linkset.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.