Getting Logged out as soon as I log in - Viewer 2

River Kyomoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been having a recurring issue for the past 4 days now. I log in on Viewer 2 and there is something like a 2 minute pause where I'm stuck at 'Downloading Clothing' (at which point others can see me and IM me), but as soon as I get past this and get to where I should be seeing SL, I get logged out with a message saying something like: You have been logged out of Second Life. The region you are trying to enter may be experiencing problems'.

I uninstalled all of my viewers and made sure I had removed all data left behind and then reinstalled Viewer 2, but I'm getting the same problem. I can log in fine on Phoenix Firestorm or Phoenix, but both are rather unstable and crash me often.

As I DJ in SL, I really need some resolution to this problem, so any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Something that may or may not be connected to this. Before this happened for the first time I was out sailing with a friend and we were having a bad time with sim crossings deleting the boat. The last time it happened, I saw we were close to a harbour island and flew towards that. I crossed the sim border to the island fine and landed but before anything could rez, I crashed and then the log outs started. I finally logged in at home on Firestorm and my friend told me there was a griefer on the island firing something at people and when hit they were getting logged out of SL.

6 answers to this question

I've been having this same problem with just about ANY viewer except the Phoenix one. I want badly to convert to 2.0 but yeah. Just about any viewer (be it 2.0, Firestorm or whatever) kinda disconnects me when I login, it's a real pain in the behind. -__________-

If someone figures out a solution, please send me a notecard AND an IM in-world.

Adding us to the list that would LOVE to know of a solution if it's ever determined.

Now onto some really meaty parts. Both my partner and I share a connection here. We have similarly setup PC's. Reasonably similar hardware (i5 for her, core2duo for me, 8Gb ram each, high end Nvidia graphics) Same DNS servers, Same firewall setup, same Basic OS (Win7 ultimate). We run thru a linux box to connect to the net.

There's no difference between her connection and mine... yet. I can log in all day every day, without fail, no issues.. yay for me. Hers? Well she gets the You have been logged out of Second Life, the agent has lost connection message after Downloading Clothing. What fixes it? Well.. sometimes, clearing cache. Sometimes it requires a full uninstall and reinstall of the viewer. Now this isn't viewer specific. V3, Kirstens, AND Firestorm all exhibit the same behaviour on her PC.

Some have said well your connection is bad.... Why don't I hit this issue? I'm, after all, on the "same" connection. There is just something on hers which is "whacked" to say the least.

So if anyone figures it out, I'd sure appreciate a notecard too hahaha.

I have the same problem, can only use phoenix viewer.  I log in with anything else and I am stuck in one spot only able to rotate then after a min or so I'm logged out  with a error message telling me the sim is down or to check my internet connection.  Neither is the problem. 

After going through all drivers and .net framework and c++, and Java I decided to treck the machine over to my friends to test if it was something to do with my connection, sure enough it turned out to be a bad router.  Now replaced with a 8 port T/1000 and I'm rock'n out so hard now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.