Removing a Sim Surround

SandorWren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Check for an invisible box near the center of the region.  Alternately, right click and delete?

Thanks!!! I wasn't sure what I was looking for, and an area search turned up nothing. I'll check when I can get back inworld.

In order to remove it, I had to unlimit selection distance in the advanced menu, Then I could select the surround, and delete. I had no luck finding the invisible box. I got the idea to try it when I was looking on MP for a surround this morning. It said to unlimit selection distance and camera constraints should be off.  I wonder if anyone else ever got stumped by this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

In order to remove it, I had to unlimit selection distance in the advanced menu, Then I could select the surround, and delete. I had no luck finding the invisible box. I got the idea to try it when I was looking on MP for a surround this morning. It said to unlimit selection distance and camera constraints should be off.  I wonder if anyone else ever got stumped by this.

Aha, I've always had this set to not limit distance with camera constraints off.  Sorry, I would have mentioned it if I had thought about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Aha, I've always had this set to not limit distance with camera constraints off.  Sorry, I would have mentioned it if I had thought about it.

Thanks!!! That's my point though. Who would think of this? it should be mentioned in the install instructions. My camera restraints were off, because I take a lot of pics. But I had no idea what the select limit was for!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.