Looking to meet new active people!

Johnny321 Woller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never expected to post on a forum in hopes of finding some friends in world.. but here we are. Started SL back in 2004 but my main account is dated 2007 so I have been around for a while. SL used to feel full and exciting but now it just seems empty. I took a break for many years so 98% of my friends list is no longer around. I used to enjoy building back in the day before mesh was introduced and I am currently in to real estate selling mainland. I enjoying meeting new people and learning new things but I tend to be a little shy at first until I get to know you. Any recommendations on hang out spots that aren't clubs?

I would like to add some more active people to my friends list! Tell me about yourself, IM: Johnny321 Woller 

Snapshot_003.jpg

• Like 2

I wouldn't agree that SL is that empty or inactive. I think though that nowadays, you just need to put a bit more effort into finding the communities/people that match your interests. There are many active and creative people around, and depending on your personal interests, here are a few examples where you could start:

If you are into vehicles of all sorts, you could start in any of the interest groups. Those host usually regular trips around the grid, and if you don't have a vehicle ready, you could ask if someone lets you join them. I am sure that quite a lot wouldn't mind to take you with them on the journey. Such groups are for example: Drivers of SL, Friday Knights, Leeward Cruising Club. There are many more, of course.

If you enjoy sailing/boating especially, you will always find people around Blake Sea. There are also various communities who meet for regular trips, events & more, such as the Fisher's Island Yacht Club or the Second Life Coast Guard.

If you enjoy horseback riding or visiting related events like showjumping, you could visit the Moorcroft community. They are a very active community, and I have been to a "Mythical"-themed show of theirs not too long ago. It was fascinating to see how much effort they put into the appearance of the horses. They are also currently organizing a huge horse show where they will also showcase communities, and provide information how you can join. You can find more information in the link below.

If you haven't been exploring Bellisseria yet, you may want to start by joining the Bellisseria Citizens group. They inform about ongoing events, fairs & more around this continent. Even if you haven't a Linden Home at Bellisseria, I never heard anyone chasing you off, the contrary, they welcome everyone. 

The same applies to the Bay City community. You will also find many creative people there, from builders to scripters to everything-that-is-related-to-SL-code and more. They are an incredible source of knowledge, also for anything related to SL history. Whenever I have been to any of their meetings or events, they have all been very welcoming and helpful. 

If you enjoy a rather slow approach to communities, you may also want to check out Hiraya Town or Campbell Coast. Both places are on mainland and have access to LL road, to airfields, to the SL railway (Hiraya) or Blake Sea (Campbell). At Hiraya Town, you can also find a kart circuit, and at Campbell Coast, you can touch a horse rezzer to explore the landscape. Of course, both places offer a lot more than that. Both venues offer also various events.

If you enjoy speed, how about car racing or drifting? There are quite a few communities around as well where you could join a team / events to show off your skills. Some examples: GearHead Car Club (racing), Grand Prix 1 (racing, see info here: https://www.slecracing.com/ ), Tokagoya (drifting), Daikoku (drifting, see info here: https://www.sl-ddc.com/ )

If you want to get back into building, I suggest to join / visit Builder's Brewery. I always met many helpful people there.

Since you mentioned that you are currently into real estate selling mainland, you may be interested in establishing contact with various groups that share an interest in protecting and improving mainland, such as Mainland Appreciation Society, Operation Mainland or the Linden Road Community.

If you are interested in arts & culture, there are many groups around as well, e.g. the Second Life Book Club. In case you haven't heard of that one yet, you may totally want to go on from there visiting Drax' Youtube Channel and find out about more interesting communities / activities, for example machinima or music making, to join within Second Life: https://www.youtube.com/c/Draxtor

Last but not least, you could also join a roleplay community. There are so many different ones around, from casual to urban to fantasy and more, it would be too much to name them. But you can just look that up in the search and find out what sparks an interest.

I probably forgot many more options from where you could start but I hope this can help. Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.