Cannot exchange currency (Error?))

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having the same issue, and until I seen your post, I was thinking it was me. I just added a new card to my account, but it is not letting me buy Lindens. giving me the same thing it is giving you. When i called the credit card people, they said it is probably the merchant, in our case, Linden Labs, probably rejecting my temp credit card. The odd thing is the it looks like it is approved on my acoount page. So I am confused.

it Could be 4 Things, (or it could Be Something that i havent mentioned :P)

1. Your credit card Wont allow the Transaction.

2. Your Probably trying to get More than What You Able to get.

3. Everytime You Try to do a Currency Exchange your Account Goes through Risk Api. And its Basically says either Yes Or No to weather your allowed to carry on with the exchange. 

"No" indicates that a particular account shares behaviors with accounts that were proven to be high risk in the past. When an exchange receives a "No" answer, the exchange is advised that they need to decide if they will assume the risk of the transaction. Linden Lab does not require that Exchanges refuse to transact with an active account, but rather Exchanges are notified that if they transact on a "No" response, they assume the risk of the transaction

4. The Exchange System Is Bugged 

Thank you, I doubt its (1) or (3) as I used the same card to upgrade my account abour 15 mins before, only trying to get 1500L so that should be well within the limits, so I'm assuming the Exchange system is bugged.

Sigh, that, and the age verifcation system screwing up on post codes, looks like SL are not having a good day.

Oh, well I'll try again tomorrow - and if its still broke... errm, I give up and find something else to do I guess :)

Hello Jennifer. For billing issues, depending your country, call the following numbers:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

If you need urgently to buy lindens you can use one of the other acceptable Third Party Exchanges:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_Marketplace

I will have been in SL for two years very shortly.  Last Saturday - for the first time ever - I received a massage saying I could not buy $L because of some problem with my credit card supplier!

That day, I spent freely on the card in RL.  No problems.

The next day, I spent freely on the card, again, RL. No problems!

The common denominator is.....LL.....step forward and take a bow, chaps for yet more customer mayhem.

LL have clearly done something with their payment system.  I managed to pay the rent, however with what I already had in my account, thankfully! 

But....no, I am not going to talk with my credit card supllier, LL, because the fault is on your side. Overwhelmingly.

If, in two weeks time, I cannot pay my rent, then - frankly - I will have had enough, my rental will lapse, and will spend no more in SL.  If you don't fix this, you do not get any more of my money.  Simple as.

I suspect I will be joining a growing throng of residents who have been here a long time but finally had enough. :matte-motes-angry:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.