Cost of tweaks to gag scripts

Surssin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Forgive me if I have the wrong forum. This seemed most appropriate.

I guess I'm wondering what the progressive cost might be for what I'm looking for. I have a muzzle made for the JOMO werewolf 4.1 and scripts from the "Open Pony Play" set that I've been using together as a gag harness, and it's been working pretty well after I made some VERY basic modifications to them. In fact, with only a couple of tweaks it would be near perfect. But I don't know enough to make those tweaks. I'm not above trying to learn, but I admit my eyes can glaze over when I try to figure it out, though I have managed to learn a super basic thing or two. Mind you, right now the gag operates in two scripts; one to control it, and one that handles the gags (both the garble and the visual). And they aren't short. One is 1280 lines while the other is 1385 lines (though it seems like one of them repeats itself or something in text that doesn't do anything).

I'm not sure how best to proceed with my question beyond giving my wish list. They're listed in order of desire, though if an item deeper down the list costs very little, I might spring for it above the others. I guess I'm asking to find out what it might cost to achieve each addition/change within the script. I'm mostly exploring my options right now,  but the right price and skill-set may get an order, though possibly not right away. Now I know custom scripting isn't cheap, but seeing as I'm looking at tweaks rather than starting from scratch, I'm hoping it may not cost as much. Unless a total replacement really would be easier/cheaper.

1-) Timelock version A: A simple timelock option that allows me or anyone with access to lock the harness/tack for a set period of time. I would be locked out of the menu during this time like a "tight lock".

2-) Fix an occasional bug where my mouth will close when standing from some things even though the gag is still on. (Been hard to recreate reliably. Bento animations.)

***I would be a VERY happy wolf if these two were the only things done.***

3-) Prevent talking animation when garbled.

4-) Timelock version B: More complex. Have it so anyone with access (be it public or an owner) can extend or shorten the timer, or override/stop it but have the option to keep it locked, thus taking control like normal. I would want to be notified if someone cancels the timer in this way if at all possible so I know there is no longer a timer active, but is not at all required. I of course would remain locked out until the timer expires or the tack is unlocked regardless of who set the timer, including myself.

***Near perfection achieved! All items beyond this are little things that would make it even better, but I'd still be thrilled without them.***

5-) Be able to add/have additional gag style options (I.E. ring gag, full muzzle, ect.) I don't necessarily need you to add the visual prims, I just need to know how to add them so they work when they are selected. You may need to add them to the script though, or tell me how to add them to the script myself.

6-) If set to public, menus remain public even if someone else is holding the reins (so others can change the RLV, gag and/or garble settings for example). I would still be locked out if the tack is locked of course.

7-) Have it so that the reins can be anchored to things like a standard leash.

8-) Not have to re-add owners each time I make a slight change to the script.

9-) Make it all one script instead of two.

10-) Be able to adjust the color/size of the reins.

So uh... anyone willing to give me insight into what it might cost?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Surssin

Well, going through the list. . .

(1+4)(timelocks) doesn't seem hard, although it will require a bit of debugging and diligence to make sure it interacts properly with non-timelock locking. Price: 3~5k? (k being an abbreviation for L$1000)

(2+3)(animation stuff) The "correct" way of solving this would be for the gag to interface with your other animation system (whatever that happens to be) and tell it to not play talking animations while gagged (expensive and requires mucking about with more scripts) the "easy" way would just be to apply the open mouth animation on a fairly fast timer, and maybe substitute the animation you already have with one that has priority 6 (animations used to only go up to priority 4, (somewhat?)recently it's been extended to 6) Price: free with anything else, script-wise, but you'd have to pay for the animation. I can't vouch for any specific ones, but I think they run around 500linden.)

5) (style options) Really depends on how easy you want it to be to use, but probably doable. ~2k for the easiest solutions.

6) /probably/ fairly trivial, hard to say without glancing over and looking to see that part of the script.

7) Opencollar is modular to a degree, so it's /probably/ possible to get the gag to linkmessage an OC leash script rather than its own leashing mechanism. (Price:depends)

😎 Probably  as simple as adding your owner's keys directly into the script as 'default owners', permanent data-storage with LSL is notoriously tricky, there are several ways but each has drawbacks which could be discussed (price: free~2k)

9) seems too complicated, I wouldn't bother.

10) use the build menu, a scripted solution might be possible for color at least, might be possible to swap textures, but how expensive it is would depend on how the gag is built (the number of prims that need to change, and if they would need differing treatment) (price: probably not worth it)

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:26 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

Well, going through the list. . .

(1+4)(timelocks) doesn't seem hard, although it will require a bit of debugging and diligence to make sure it interacts properly with non-timelock locking. Price: 3~5k? (k being an abbreviation for L$1000)

(2+3)(animation stuff) The "correct" way of solving this would be for the gag to interface with your other animation system (whatever that happens to be) and tell it to not play talking animations while gagged (expensive and requires mucking about with more scripts) the "easy" way would just be to apply the open mouth animation on a fairly fast timer, and maybe substitute the animation you already have with one that has priority 6 (animations used to only go up to priority 4, (somewhat?)recently it's been extended to 6) Price: free with anything else, script-wise, but you'd have to pay for the animation. I can't vouch for any specific ones, but I think they run around 500linden.)

5) (style options) Really depends on how easy you want it to be to use, but probably doable. ~2k for the easiest solutions.

6) /probably/ fairly trivial, hard to say without glancing over and looking to see that part of the script.

7) Opencollar is modular to a degree, so it's /probably/ possible to get the gag to linkmessage an OC leash script rather than its own leashing mechanism. (Price:depends)

😎 Probably  as simple as adding your owner's keys directly into the script as 'default owners', permanent data-storage with LSL is notoriously tricky, there are several ways but each has drawbacks which could be discussed (price: free~2k)

9) seems too complicated, I wouldn't bother.

10) use the build menu, a scripted solution might be possible for color at least, might be possible to swap textures, but how expensive it is would depend on how the gag is built (the number of prims that need to change, and if they would need differing treatment) (price: probably not worth it)

I think I'll take you up on your offer. Message me here or in game so we can discuss what will or won't be done, and hash out other little details.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.