my avatar wont rezz and my sl keeps logging me out i do have a slow network can someone help?

temari Damour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My second life avatar wont rezz and i dont have enough time to see how long it would take to rezz because it logs me out. Also i do sadly have a slow connection and in sure that may be a problem. I really need help when i was with cox my sl worked fine but once i had to swich to dci the problems started. I also wanted to know how can i update my sl? Please if anyone out there can help me please do.

3 answers to this question

This does sound as if you have a connection issue. It may be that your line is to slow for what SL wants, but you can try to reduce the Max bandwidth in me->Preferences->Setup to a lower value. Try 500-1000 kbps first, and increase if things work ok. Also, try to disconnect your modem and router for a minute or two, plug back in and wait for a connection to establish before logging in and see if things have improved.

- Luc -

• Like 1

OK. How long does it take before you get logged out? And what make router do you have?

To verify the quality of your connection, try running the test at http://www.pingtest.net/ a few times, with different target servers, and see what result you get. It could be the quality is not quite what it should be for SL, but let's see what result you get.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.