Does anyone have any tips on making friends in this game?

Andithasgone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:46 AM, Andithasgone said:

hi everyone

while i am friendly to people in this game -

I've made lots of acquaintances but I find it difficult to make any friends, with whom I'd love to throw a party sometime

I'm pretty shy though

any tips?

Ah yes, the friends thing. I think all of us are shy to some extent, and reluctant to just IM someone else out of the blue, which is why so many just sit around in the sims interacting with no one, hoping someone will IM them. Sometimes everyone in the sim is doing this, happens a lot at Fogbound. Sometimes you just have to screw up your nerve and get proactive about it, say hi to someone who looks interesting to you and not worry about the response. What's the worst they can say? Recently at Calas I just sat down next to a nice looking guy where he didn't expect me, and we had a great talk. Another time I just walked right up to a guy and said "hi dude, how's it going?" Okay, it's a little bold for some, but you get the point.

Another idea that worked for me was really quite passive, and counterintuitive. No one was IMing me, so I put in my profile "I am a very boring person and you really shouldn't bother with me." Boom! People started IMing me all the time, wanting to talk about it and offer support. So it's a social engineering trick, but it worked  :)

On the whole meeting people and making friends in SL is a lot like RL, just with a few added twists and cautions thrown in. Just be creative and proactive.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.