Level of Detail - High triangles and vertices say N/A

Wartooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Wartooth said:

trying to upload a shirt and it just stays on this. can't do anything except cancel. any clues D:<

How many triangles and vertices does the mesh have? The most common cause of this problem is simply that the mesh is so complex it takes ages for the uploader to sort it out.

14 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

How many triangles and vertices does the mesh have? The most common cause of this problem is simply that the mesh is so complex it takes ages for the uploader to sort it out.

how do i figure that out & correct it if its too high? this is the first time ive created something lol. i used blender and MD.

Edited by Wartooth

3 hours ago, Wartooth said:

how do i figure that out & correct it if its too high? this is the first time ive created something lol. i used blender and MD.

For some weird reason Blender decided that ifo wasn't important when they launched the 2.8 so it's not displayed by default anymore. But on the bright side, that's one more good excuse for staying with 2.79.

You can enable it though. Select Statistics in the Viewport Overlay:

bilde.png.2a4856cc950bea61339016f86a77469f.png

And triangle and vertice counts for the selected object will be displayed towards the upper right corner of the work area.

As for what is too high, it's hard to say without seeing the object but if it's a shirt and it doesn't have any uber fancy special details, a good mesh maker can easily do it with less than 1,000 tris, maybe even less than 500. A less experienced maker may struggle to get it that low but try to keep it below 5,000 at least and under no circumstance as high as 10,000 tris.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.