GensoSL's June event: The rainy season (Until June 30th)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

not me not being able to post this earlier because of 100+f weather and a broken ac unit 😳

rainy.png

So... what is this?

Starting from now, GensoSL will hold bi-monthly background events that change the look of the sim, provide new RP opportunties, and offer a silly little 'hunt' that I put together. It's something to spice up the sim, and participation is optional!

GensoSL is an anime-centric casual rp/hangout/exploration sim, though avatars of all shapes and sizes are welcomed! Just keep in mind we're MODERATE rated.

======

🌧️The story so far...🌧️

And so spring comes to an end, and the heat of summer begins... or, does it?

While many of Gensokyo's residents were preparing for the hot sun, it would seem it's been rather rainy lately. Too rainy, in fact. Humans and youkai alike have complained of flooding and thunderstorms, and it doesn't seem to be letting up.

It only took so long until an official call to action was given, officially identifying the current events as 'the rainy season incident'. Now, in addition to the rain, there's an air of hostility between the denizens of Gensokyo and anyone they deem 'suspicious'. Youkai with an affinity for water have been blamed, though one true culprit has yet to be found.

Whoever they are, they must have a reason... right? Maybe it's time to do some investigating.

======

What's happening

The appearance of the sim has changed! There's now rain covering most open non-forest areas and the occasional mud puddle here and there. There's also a new stormy day cycle when using the region's environment.

Right at the landing and outside the RP center, there's an info board that gives a notecard that's mostly just the information here. But it also includes some (admittedly cheesy) prompts for roleplay.

There's a short and sweet little hunt around the sim, with the 'first' lead being at the RP center - though there's no rigid order, just an intended one. It requires some background knowledge of the series the sim is inspired by, but honestly if you explore enough I promise you'll find the 'culprit'; I put it pretty out in the open. The primary prize is maitreya only, along with some other misc goodies.

======

Currently, no proper 'eventy' events are planned, but I'll use this thread to announce them if I plan anything! 

Taxi http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gensokyo/116/138/2831

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.