Why is my voice on even though it is not clicked on and does not show it above me?

MashD Tater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am not sure if there has been previous threads about this, but if there has I apologize .I have had an issue for quite some time of my voice being on even though it is not clicked on, nor does it show it above my head with the dot.  It has only been with the last three Phoenix Dls that this has occured, but it is honestly frustrating.  I have checked all my settings in sl and they seem to be normal, but its just annoying to have someone IM you with "hun, do you know your voice is on?"  I end up having to just disable voice so that I can happily play sl without being on voice consistently.  Maybe someone out there has some advice :S

2 answers to this question

I've been having that problem, too, with Phoenix. I teleport into, say, an auction area, where the only person who is supposed to have their mic on is the auctioneer. Announcements are made about "no open mics," etc. Finally, someone will IM me and ask if I knew my mic was on. No, I didn't!

I've gotten into the habit of switching my mic on and off just to make sure that it's NOT on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.