Login failed. Unable to connect to a simulator. What's going on?

KeelofFate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Seriously though. I was able to connect just fine yesterday. I haven't done much, and I've already tried another viewer to see if that was the problem. Nothing worked.

I've check my status, And I haven't had any trouble, so I know it wasn't me being stupid at some point without realizing it. What's going on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I don't have an Alt, I'm afraid. Nor would I know how to make one. It's safe to say I've been playing SL for a grand total of 4 days. Even though my account is a few months old.

But I understand the problem... BUt I am also unable to log into any other region.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 2:

Okay, I did find somehting that helped alittle, but it doesn't resolve my inability to log in. When i try a different region, I get this.

Login failed

Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong

I'm calling the offices, but no one seems to be there. Let's hope the Email has better fruit. Otherwise I may have to make an alt.... Is there any way to join the alt with my main or soemhting to that effect? Like.. sharing money or somehting?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 3:

I feel like an idiot, making these edits and all, but I don't know what else to do. Okay, so I've cleared every bit og the cache, restarted my computer and checked my preferences, attempting to log into a different region. My main region still has the Unable to log into simulation thing, and oddly enouh, I'm getting the  something unexpected has gone wrong message again. I've already messed with the router multiple times by the way. I will admit, though. My wireless card is on it's last legs.

I have indeed made an alt, just now. Logged in perfectly and everything. So it's not my internet. It infuriates me to not understand the nature of the problem.

Oh, it also seems My main is able to log into Beta, but my new Alt isn't...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 4: I would, but nothign but my clothing inventory transferred into beta. No cash, No groups. Just my inventory.

I do apologize for being such a pain. I wish I could be done with this, as I just recently gave my main some money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 5:

So after many years of forgetting this account existed, I got an email from it, saying someone commented on this question. After checking thigns, I somehow remember the password to this account. SO I go and try it in SL to see if anything has changed. Not a damn thing. I can get in only to the BETA servers. Not the regular. And mind you all, this is on a completely new computer and everything. NO records of this account exist on this computer.

So I see the issue has never been resolved. A shame.

3 answers to this question

Hello KeelofFate. Check out the following link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/can-not-login-unable-to-connect-to-simulator/qaq-p/888869

EDIT: If you haven't an alt, you can't log in other region, you can't upgrade to a premium just for 1 month for 12.24 US Dollars to use the Live Chat you can try one of the following solutions:

1)If you live in US you can call: Phone:   (415) 243-9000 or Fax:        (415) 243-9045

2)If you don't live in US maybe to call these number is more expensive than one month premium membership. You can try to mail : support@secondlife.com  I can't quarrantee that you will get a reply

There are also toll free numbers but they are only for billing issues.

3)It is not suggested if you aren't a premium member to submit a ticket, but you can try that too: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Good luck

EDIT2: If you get that message clear your cache manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

If you have more that 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must to do it for all following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

After that try to log in again in a protected land like Lime or Smith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.