llSetCameraParams Behavior When Not 'Following' AV

GManB

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure I am using the right terminology here so please  bear with me.

I am trying to set the camera position to look straight down on a game table when an av sits at a chair. I'm currently experimenting with llSetCameraParams() and I believe I understand how to position the camera. However, this positioning doesn't seem to work when the camera isn't 'following' my av, or maybe this is called the 'default' camera position.

If I use alt-click to position my camera to focus at a point then try my script, llSetCameraParams() has no effect. If I type Esc, Esc to return the camera to the 'default' or 'following' position then llSetCameraParams() works as I expect.

Is there some combination of parmas to llSetCameraParams() to get it to work even if the av's camera isn't in the default or following mode?

Thanks,

G

1 hour ago, GManB said:

If I use alt-click to position my camera to focus at a point then try my script, llSetCameraParams() has no effect. If I type Esc, Esc to return the camera to the 'default' or 'following' position then llSetCameraParams() works as I expect.

Is there some combination of parmas to llSetCameraParams() to get it to work even if the av's camera isn't in the default or following mode?

No, alt-camming will "detach" the camera from the avatar (and by extension, from any parameters set for the avatar's camera view), so it's expected behavior that you cannot control it.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

No, alt-camming will "detach" the camera from the avatar (and by extension, any parameters set for the avatar's camera view), so it's expected behavior that you cannot control it.

Thanks Wulfie!

A couple more things I noticed. If I sit my av while alt-camming:

• If I sit while alt-camming, as you say, cam doesn't chance. But if I then hit Esc, Esc. cam does re-attach, as expected, but in the position I have set with llSetCameraParams(). This is good.
  • If I give movement commands to my av, with arrow keys, while alt-camming, the camera *does* re-attach.

These two observations show the camera can be re-attached but what you are saying is that such re-attachment is *only* via the keyboard and not available to a script. If this is the case, then fine..

Given all this I assume the accepted behavior that ppl expect is that they control where the camera is attached, via alt-camming and (Esc,Esc) and thus would not be concerned that their cam didn't get positioned by the script while they have it detached via alt-camming.

G

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.