[RESOLVED] Gun script sends 'bullet 1.0' but I'm being hit by 'webshot' or '>:)'.

spicystrung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy friends,

I found this gun script on the wiki http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Gun_Script, so I wanted to try it out but I'm baffled by the names of the colliding objects.

I also created a physical non-scripted bullet called "bullet 1.0" as described and placed it into the inventory.

With the help of a friendly and helpful alt 😄, I have a HUD recording the incoming collisions and have it llSay the llDetectedName(0).

So, I go into mousemode, aim for the alt and bang!... "bullet 1.0" is seen flying across the land. Works well and straight out of the box.

• I expected the HUD to tell me "You've been hit by bullet 1.0".
  • Instead, it tells me I've been hit by "webshot" or ">:)"
  • If I walk straight into the actual bullet still lying on the ground, my HUD tells me I've collided with "bullet 1.0".

There's nowhere in the gun script that sends another bullet object or changes the name on the fly. Where does "webshot" and ">:)" come from?

🌻

Edited by spicystrung
Resolving topic.

Thanks for the reply Wulfie.

I still don't fully understand what's going on, but it seems to be linked to one HUD in particular that the shooter is wearing and which is sending those two extra objects.

Without this extra HUD on, I don't shoot them.

I cannot access the source code of that HUD, but I'll close this down. I have enough data anyway for what I'm doing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.