why doesnt my avatar load it just stays as a egg all the time

carzz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ive tried clearing the cache, changing the graphics, deleting the viewer and reinstalling it etc. but nothing has worked. it happens on other computers too so its not my computer thats the problem this is the second avatar ive made that this has happened to.im starting to think i should just quit second life all together, please help :smileysad:

6 answers to this question

Hello carzz. At first try to test your avatar. In Viewer 2, give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.

If you cleared your cache manually and you have still problem, i think you need to download and install a Third Party Viewer http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Try that, and let us know if you need more help.

Hello Rohan. If you see your avatar like a ghost or a cloud means that your avatar isn't fully loaded. At first try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R.

Open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. After that, move to a region with less lag. Smith is a protected land which is recommended. There, try to change outfit. Choose one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

Something else you can do is the test your avatar. In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.

If the problem remains, clear your cache

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and

C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.