Lost Inventory folder contents

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently lost half or more of my inventory...

After a crash, when i logged back, there was only half items in inventory.. And actuelly, when i checked, did a seach, i could find the folders, but none of the items in it... and this is true for my last 15 days sor something items..

My clothing folder and subfolder is all gone, even what i was wearing at the time of the crash I'm still wearing it and they show in 'current  outfit, but the links goes nowhere, can't find the items,, half of my objects are gone   (all that was in subfolders), all of my notecards are gone too, and numerous folders i had gathered and not yet organized are now empty...

Any idea as how to roll back ?, recover anything ? Please any help here would be a BIIIG help.

first thing, clear your cache, it was probably corrupted in the crash.

second thing, log in and go to an empty region, then type into search and wait while it flips through and downloads your inventory again... you should be good to go from there

What viewer do you use? Do you have more than one viewer installed? If that is so, I had it happen to me because two viewers were installed in the same place. Sorry, English technical talk is really not my strong side.

But, uninstalling all your viewers and installing your preferred viewer again is what I would do if clear cache does not help. I prefer to log into Hatton, it is an empty region that also allow rezzing.

• 3 months later...

System info:

AMD Dual Core 3.2 GHtz

4 Gig 1066 RAM

3 TB Hard Drive

(2) Dual Layer DVD burners w/lightscribe support

Windows 7 64-bit OS

Phoenix Viewer Ver 1.5.2.1185

3 days ago, while preparing for a grand opening of the business i work for, i had my SHX  SRC-SHX-F210 Shoutcast Board out. After making sure that the stream info was correct, and that the MCD was properly placed according to instructions, i took my item back into my inventory.  That evening i logged off approximately 2 am. Please note, that lost item was NOT due to a software or system crash.

Yesterday, 03/18/2011, i started preparations on getting the party deck layed out and ready for use. The first item i went looking for was my shoutcast board.  NOT THERE.  Ok, i cleared cache, rebooted, restarted Phoenix Viewer, and went into my inventory, and still no SHX SRC-F210.  The creator of it had replaced it once, and due to his company policy, will not replace item a 2nd time.  Here is copy of conversation with Sali:

Hey Faust :)

The chance that the same item will get lost two times is nihil.
Please make sure you are searching for the right name: which is default: My Clubname, or the name of your club.
I'm sure it's not lost, but there somewhere, perhaps in a coalesced item.

My policy is to replace an item only once, just because like i said, the chance the same item out of thousands get lost two times is close to impossible, and in general asset issues are responsibility of the service provider, which in this case is Linden Lab.

Kind regards,
Saii.

Hello.

Well, Second life is at it again.  i was going to set up to get ready for a grand opening for a new photo studio tomorrow morning and my shoutcast board has come up missing, yet again. You have replace it for me once before, and i am asking yet again, for your help.

Thank you
Faust Danitz

Product Name: SRC-SHX-F210
Product Version:
Purchase Date: (roughly) unknown
Transaction ID:  (only in case of lost products) so long since purchase don't know where to find purchase id
Problem Description: Lost item
What I have Tried: i have looked in every folder, and even back traced my steps and what i did..
Add relevant notecards/configuration:

Current funding does not allow me to purchase another.

At the time the letter was written, i did not have the funds to purchase one. i borrowed the funds from a very close friend, and fully intend on paying him back.  But that does not cover the missing item.

Any other suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.