llHTTPRequest() is being a pain. A little help?

Connely Aura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, all!

I seem to be having a problem with my script. I'm using llHTTPRequest to submit information to a PHP file. Using POST with parameters didn't work, so I'm submitting it all through the URL itself and collecting in PHP with $_GET['parameter'];.

When the script submits the URL, I get errors back from the server.
When I access the exact same URL in my browser, all works fine.

Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Still better than wild guessing ;)

I would try to pin the problem step by step. Make a very simple script and a corresponding php file in which you step by step increase the complexity of the URL to what you have now and see where the error occurs.

ETA:

What error do you get from the server?

POST data should not be URLencoded, only GET data, without knowing at least a smal sample of the get line it's hard to say (need to know which parts you have URLencoded)

you can make the script spit out the data that it's going to be sending, as well as any return code/data

• Like 1

The response is full webpage HTML and ends up being clipped, due to the length of the file.

Here is the response I get: (Just to point out something here, it only shows the base URL, no paramaters, though I can llSay() the full link just fine.

[2011-05-03 10:15:00]  Object: DEBUG: Response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><TITLE>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</TITLE><STYLE type="text/css"><!--BODY{background-color:#ffffff;font-family:verdana,sans-serif}PRE{font-family:sans-serif}--></STYLE></HEAD><BODY><H2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</H2><HR noshade size="1px"><P>While trying to retrieve the URL:<A HREF="http://www.lifeinletters.net/parcels/land.php?">http://www.lifeinletters.net/parcels/land.php?</A><P>The following error was encountered:<BLOCKQUOTE>Unable to determine IP address from host name for<I>www.lifeinletters.net</I></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The dnsserver returned:<BLOCKQUOTE>Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.</BLOCKQUOTE><P>This means that:<PRE> The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.  Check if the address is c

I'm now IP expert - the response is strange to me. I'm getting the same if I want to contact http://lifeinletters.net from SL - it works perfectly if I do it through my browser. In the first case the DNS server cannot resolve the DNS name. If I use the IP from SL, I do get an response.

I really don't know wnough about the DNS to be able to tell the possible reasons for that - but I'm sure other here do.

• Like 1

That is very weird! I just tried using the ip address and it worked like a charm!

Seems I'll need to check on my DNS info and see what the problem is, but for now, using the IP address is a great work-around.

Thanks for the help, everyone! :D

I get DNS errors from my location as well (Midwest USA)

so I queried whois to see what they have.... they show domain stats as ok and list two DNS servers

DNS1.RIGRAG.COM and DNS2.RIGRAG.COM, and I get DNS errors for finding both of those as well.

it would seem that your DNS servers are either dead, or behind a black hole, either way, it's not getting through so as DNS entries expire, more an more computers will be unable to reach it.

whois also lists this info, and it's who I would call to find out why at least 1/4 of the country* can't see either your domain or the domains name servers...

Registration Service Provider:
Netfirms, Inc., support@netfirms.com
+1.4166612100
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

*Based on the estimate that my  connections runs through california, and the SL servers through Arizona and Texas

• Like 1

I've tracked back to my webhost and found that these are, indeed, old nameserver entries. I've updated them and all should be working well as soon as the update happens.

Thanks again to all who have helped! Kudos all around!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.